Read Write Inc. Videos
Please read for 10 minutes every day. For additional reading, read books or e-books.
Please do a little bit of writing daily. We have included 20 pictures to use as a prompt for writing. Stick one picture at the top of the page. Ask your child to think of a sentence that they could write about the picture. Encourage them to be as independent as possible when writing. Ask them to put the sounds in the words on their Fred fingers. Encourage them to leave a finger space between each word. Check that they are using correct letter formation and ask them to practise the letters that they need to. Children to write more than one sentence about each picture where possible (use a capital letter at the beginning of the sentences and a full stop at the end).
Please complete one of the Numeracy challenges provided each day. Use resources that the children can pick up, count and move e.g. pennies, pebbles, buttons etc. Support them to begin the activity and then encourage to continue independently where possible.
We have also created a grid of additional activities that you could complete with your child if you/they wish. Try and complete as many as you can:
Here are the links to some websites that you might find helpful:
- Online Numeracy games – https://www.topmarks.co.uk/
*some tablet friendly, but others need Flash.
- Videos, games and activities linked to their favourite characters – https://www.bbc.co.uk/cbeebies
- Alphablocks videos to support phonics – https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC_qs3c0ehDvZkbiEbOj6Drg
- A website that gives you information, flash cards and games for phonics – http://www.letters-and-sounds.com/
- Practice addition facts and number bonds – https://play.numbots.com/#/intro
- This website gives parents lots of free simple and fun ideas to promote all areas of learning – https://theimaginationtree.com/
- If your little one loves the Gruffalo then check out these great activities based on the book – https://www.gruffalo.com/activities/activities
- If you haven’t got a copy of the book at home then try these videos. The last one is Julia Donaldson doing the Gruffalo song which is brilliant to join in with:
- Learn more about letters with the CBeebies Alphablocks – https://www.bbc.co.uk/cbeebies/shows/alphablocks
- If you have got tired of doing the same books for bedtime and want to try something else then check out all the different CBeebies bedtime stories found here – https://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episodes/b00jdlm2/cbeebies-bedtime-stories