Thank you for supporting your children during this period of school closures.
Summer Term Home Learning
Each week we will send home a ‘Learning Project’ which has a variety of English and Mathematics core learning tasks. Ideally, one of each of these tasks should be completed daily. (1 reading, 1 writing, 1 maths and 1 spelling). There are other learning activities to choose from: Art, Music, Science, Computing of which we would recommend choosing 1 per day. Each ‘Learning Project’ also has a theme for example ‘My Family’ which gives your child the chance to do some research and be creative in how they present their learning during the week. Also try to do 1 physical activity per day.
Look at our main ‘Home Learning‘ page for general advice about Home Learning.
Children need to still be reading their books at home every day, and can use Oxford Reading Buddies, online articles and eBooks for additional texts.
White Rose Maths
Here are this week’s maths resources:
If you would like to do more, please see this list of other activities you could also do:
- Watch a movie/read a story and write about their favourite bit
- Write a riddle about an object or animal
- Write about one of the short clips or pictures from https://www.literacyshed.com/home.html
- Write about what you have done today
- Write a character description on a character of your choice
- Write a book review for a book you have read
- Set up a pretend shop, give everything a price, calculate how much you need to spend and change
- Create your own mathematical problems using + –
- Go on a shape hunt – find 2D and 3D shapes in your house
- Practise telling the time
- Practice your number bonds to 10 and 20
- Practise counting in 2’s, 5’s and 10’s
- Try out some fantastic at home science experiments
- Research and write some facts about a country, animal or culture
- Draw a plant from your garden or home and label the parts
- Create a Victorian house using an old box
- Create a poster about Florence Nightingale, Queen Victoria or Lord Shaftsbury
- Do you want to learn more about animals, then check out these fantastic live animal cams which let you get up close to some amazing creatures all from the safety of home – https://www.countryliving.com/uk/wildlife/countryside/g31784857/live-animal-webcam-zoo/
- Oliver Jeffers is doing a story time every day –https://www.oliverjeffers.com/books#/abookaday/
- Resources to support KS1 English learning – https://www.bbc.co.uk/bitesize/subjects/zgkw2hv
- Storytelling for younger viewers, using videos and read louds – https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b007t9wg/clips