Thank you for supporting your children during this period of school closures.
Summer Term Home Learning
Each week we will send home a ‘Learning Project’ which has a variety of English and Mathematics core learning tasks. Ideally, one of each of these tasks should be completed daily. (1 reading, 1 writing, 1 maths and 1 spelling). There are other learning activities to choose from: Art, Music, Science, Computing of which we would recommend choosing 1 per day. Each ‘Learning Project’ also has a theme for example ‘My Family’ which gives your child the chance to do some research and be creative in how they present their learning during the week. Also try to do 1 physical activity per day.
Look at our main ‘Home Learning‘ page for general advice about Home Learning.
Children need to still be reading their books at home every day, and can use Oxford Reading Buddies, online articles and eBooks for additional texts.
White Rose Maths
Here are this week’s maths resources:
If you would like to do more, please see this list of other activities you could also do:
- Watch a movie/read a story and write a retell on it
- Write a persuasive letter to your friend convincing them to join your skills academy
- Write a setting description. Can you describe an amazing place you would like to visit?
- Write a set of instructions about taking care of pet or taking care of zoo animals.
- Write a description of a character from a book or an imaginary one , describing not only what they look like but how they behave and what they do.
- Write a story based on one of the short clips or pictures from https://www.literacyshed.com/home.html
- Login to Times Tables Rock Stars
- Create your own mathematical problems using + –
- Find out about a famous Mathematician
- Practise telling the time and revise
- Try out some fantastic at home science experiments
- Write up a science experiment you complete
- Find out facts about animal to create a poster, powerpoint, mindmap
- Make a musical instrument using recycled objects
- Create a poster on Anglo Saxons
- Make an artefact relating to Anglo-Saxons or Romans e.g. helmet, shield, armour
- Create a project on Anglo Saxons
- Read a book about Anglo Saxons using Oxford Reading Buddy
- Find a famous artist you like and recreate one of their pieces
- Paint or draw a picture
Here are some helpful websites relating to our topics:
- Keeping Healthy – https://cutt.ly/QtlNL1P
- Animals – https://www.bbc.co.uk/bitesize/topics/zn22pv4/resources/1
- Anglo-Saxons – https://www.bbc.co.uk/bitesize/topics/zxsbcdm
Here are some other links that you might find useful:
- Resources to support KS1 English learning – https://www.bbc.co.uk/bitesize/subjects/zv48q6f
- Maddie Moate’s is a CBeebies presenter and Science communicator. She is Live on Twitter at 11am looking at science that can be done at home, such as dissecting a daffodil and hunting for minibeasts in the garden – https://twitter.com/maddiemoate
Also available on her YouTube channel – https://www.youtube.com/user/maddiemoate
- Want to do some Geography learning on the United Kingdom? Try these resources being provided free during the current school closure – https://www.twinkl.co.uk/resources/new-2014-curriculum-resources-ks2-geography-resources-locational-knowledge/new-2014-curriculum-resources-ks2-geography-resources-locational-knowledge-the-united-kingdom/new-2014-curriculum-resources-ks2-geography-resources-locational-knowledge-the-united-kingdom-england