Thank you for supporting your children during this period of school closures.
Summer Term Home Learning
Each week we will send home a ‘Learning Project’ which has a variety of English and Mathematics core learning tasks. Ideally, one of each of these tasks should be completed daily. (1 reading, 1 writing, 1 maths and 1 spelling). There are other learning activities to choose from: Art, Music, Science, Computing of which we would recommend choosing 1 per day. Each ‘Learning Project’ also has a theme for example ‘My Family’ which gives your child the chance to do some research and be creative in how they present their learning during the week. Also try to do 1 physical activity per day.
Look at our main ‘Home Learning‘ page for general advice about Home Learning.
Children need to still be reading their books at home every day, and can use Oxford Reading Buddies, online articles and eBooks for additional texts.
White Rose Maths
Here are this week’s maths resources:
If you would like to do more, please see this list of other activities you could also do:
- Watch a movie/read a story and write a retell on it
- Write a set of instructions e.g. for a meal you have prepared with a family member or something you have built/played
- Write a story based on one of the short clips or pictures from https://www.literacyshed.com/home.html
- Login to Times Tables Rock Stars
- Create your own mathematical problems using + –
- Find out about a famous Mathematician
- Practise telling the time
- Try out some fantastic at home science experiments
- Write up a science experiment you complete
- Find out facts about animal to create a poster, powerpoint, mindmap
- Make a musical instrument using recycled objects
- Create a poster on Vikings
- Make an artefact relating to Vikings e.g. helmet, shield, armour
- Create a project on Vikings e.g. Viking Ship
- Read a book about Vikings using Oxford Reading Buddy
- Find a famous artist you like and recreate one of their pieces
- Paint or draw a picture
- Learning about the Stone Age? Check out this great virtual tour – https://www.english-heritage.org.uk/visit/places/stonehenge/history-and-stories/stonehenge360/
- Resources to support KS1 English learning – https://www.bbc.co.uk/bitesize/subjects/zv48q6f
- Maddie Moate’s is a CBeebies presenter and Science communicator. She is Live on Twitter at 11am looking at science that can be done at home, such as dissecting a daffodil and hunting for minibeasts in the garden – https://twitter.com/maddiemoate
Also available on her YouTube channel – https://www.youtube.com/user/maddiemoate
- Want to do some Geography learning on the United Kingdom? Try these resources being provided free during the current school closure – https://www.twinkl.co.uk/resources/new-2014-curriculum-resources-ks2-geography-resources-locational-knowledge/new-2014-curriculum-resources-ks2-geography-resources-locational-knowledge-the-united-kingdom/new-2014-curriculum-resources-ks2-geography-resources-locational-knowledge-the-united-kingdom-england