Thank you for supporting your children during this period of school closures.
Summer Term Home Learning
Each week we will send home a ‘Learning Project’ which has a variety of English and Mathematics core learning tasks. Ideally, one of each of these tasks should be completed daily. (1 reading, 1 writing, 1 maths and 1 spelling). There are other learning activities to choose from: Art, Music, Science, Computing of which we would recommend choosing 1 per day. Each ‘Learning Project’ also has a theme for example ‘My Family’ which gives your child the chance to do some research and be creative in how they present their learning during the week. Also try to do 1 physical activity per day.
Click here to download the Learning Projects
- Week 1 – 27.04.20 – My Family
- Week 2 – 04.05.20 – My Local Area
- Week 3 – 11.05.20 – History/Geography Topic
- Week 4 – 18.05.20 – History/Geography Topic
Look at our main ‘Home Learning‘ page for general advice about Home Learning.
Children need to still be reading their books at home every day, and can use Oxford Reading Buddies, online articles and eBooks for additional texts.
White Rose Maths
Here are this week’s maths resources:
If you would like to do more, please see this list of other activities you could also do:
- Watch a movie/read a story and write a retell on it
- Write a set of instructions e.g. for a meal you have prepared with a family member or something you have built/played
- Write a story based on one of the short clips or pictures from https://www.literacyshed.com/home.html
- Create a non-chronological report about a country of your choice
- Write an eerie story
- Pretend you own your own house. You have £10,000 to spend on furniture and appliances. Use an Argos catalogue or another retailer to choose what you would buy. Make sure you don’t go over budget!
- Create your own mathematical problems using + –
- Practise telling the time
- Create a travel brochure for Barcelona
- Use the website https://www.dkfindout.com/uk/ (DK Find Out) to research any topic of interest e.g. Volcanoes and Earthquakes
- Keep a daily weather record
- Learn more about South America and the Inca’s with this virtual tour of the world famous Machu Picchu ruins – http://www.peru-machu-picchu.com/map.php
- Find out about a wide range of historical periods through the objects they left behind by going on a virtual tour of some of the most famous museums in the world, including the British Museum and the museum in Mexico City which has rooms full of Mayan artefacts – https://www.travelandleisure.com/attractions/museums-galleries/museums-with-virtual-tours
- Anthony Horowitz is doing his bit for all of those children who are stuck at home by reading from his new Alex Rider book Nightshade – https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G9mAcqHfAN4
- Resources to support KS2 Literacy learning – https://www.bbc.co.uk/bitesize/subjects/zv48q6f
- This is a great collection of resources to help get your creative talents blooming. There are author writing tips, who to read next, Blue Peter Book Awards, story dice challenge, author chats, story challenge with Matt Haig, Cressida Cowell and more… – https://www.bbc.co.uk/cbbc/shows/blue-peter